Listen...

Thursday, January 28, 2010

01.28.2010 - A little recap


I don't know why but I've been so tired lately (-_0) Keeping awake or finding energy has been an absolute struggle .. that's .. one of the reasons why I skipped blogging last night but hey! HERE I AM NOW!!

So yesterday night, I suggested dinner at an Italian Bistro on the north north side of town called "San Remo" .. I've been there maybe twice before and each time I absolutely loved it. D and Titus accompanied me tonight and kept me quite entertained!

Now I'm usually quite reluctant to go to restaurants with D because he's a chef himself so he's very picky with food outside of his cooking. Usually I get a "This isn't rare! Tastes like crap!" kind of reaction .. We had calamari for an appetizer and it was devoured. Those squids didn't stand a chance!! But last night, he ordered the 8 oz steak (the items are in Italian .. don't .. ask me to try to remember) and I got a seafood linguini in tomato sauce. Mine was delish .. and I realized today that I forgot to grab the take out box that I had from the left overs ..

(His steak had mushrooms on it but he hates on them so he gave them ALL to me) D gave me the first bite from his steak and I swear it melted in my mouth. Just the burst of all these different flavors fusing into one gave my tastebuds the dance of their little lives! And when D finally said "Wow this steak is pretty good" .. now that's saying something, especially from him!! He just savoured that steak for the rest of the night and tried to pick apart what was the special marinade. Not sure if he did tho .. but we finished off this wonderful night with Passion Fruit Sorbet.

Titus couldn't eat much of it because it was a little too sour for his tongue .. but if I wasn't so full already I would've gobbled that whole thing up!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PLACE!! It's a little fancy but it's okay to bring children in ^__^ and also, the place is owned by true Italians so you're guaranteed no fake foods. I love it there!! The bread they give you is also baked FRESH. It is not a disappointment!! It's reasonably priced and if you go, let me know what you think!!

There were a few uneventful things that night .. like .. me buying Manga at the place my friend works at.. YAY FOR 25% OFF!!! Currently I'm reading "the Wallflower" (aka: Yamatonadeshiko shichihenge; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wallflower_%28manga%29) and I laugh out loud at how outrages things can be!! I love it! I have up to Volume 22 .. by the by .. I have a terrible Manga addiction .. one day I swear I'll sell them .. hehe .. ^_~

My night ended with watching the movie Marley and Me. Honestly, I doubted it when I saw the trailer because it had Jennifer Anniston and Owen Wilson in it .. and it didn't seem all that interesting. But that trailer does not do the movie justice. I bawled my eyes out at the end.
The movie is based on a true story .. and it makes sense how. I also recommend watching this movie just to get your heartstrings tugged a little. Just a little~ Next dog movie I must watch is Hachiko: A Dog's Story (Starring Richard Gere), this one .. the trailer made me tear up...

Today I went to the Edmonton Motor Show with my brother and Titus! We walked around for a good hour and a half, maybe two hours, and some of the cars are just so PRETTY!! I want the 2010 Accord to be honest .. but heck it's over 30, 000 and I don't have that kind of money. So I will just have to dream of it for now...

I hope this keeps you entertained a little longer until I have some more adventures for you!! Good night everyone ^__^ *chu~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

omigosh, i cried when i heard that song on your page. it's been so long since i've heard that song, there were many sad memories for me with that song. =( but i love it none-the-less. I'm so happy you picked that for your page. I leave your page open now just to listen to it. (oh to get rid of all that ugly stuff under your mp3 player, just delete everything until just before you hit < / object >. ) =)

I absolutely adore that picture of you and titus. You g uys look great. =)

I WANT TO WATCH HACHIKO TOO!!!! <3<3<3 I'm happy to hear you liked Marley and Me and i agree, the trailer sucked....HAHA

aiwun said...

OMG YOU CRIED?! That song relaxes me .. but I know what you mean when you hear a song and it floods memories back.. but hey! it's memories to be kept and learn from! I like piano music .. calms me .. lol

Thank you ^__^ It's hard to get a good picture of me and Titus lol . cuz he's always looking away hehehe

we should watch it together and bawl our eyes out together!!

aiwun said...

OMG YOU CRIED?! That song relaxes me .. but I know what you mean when you hear a song and it floods memories back.. but hey! it's memories to be kept and learn from! I like piano music .. calms me .. lol

Thank you ^__^ It's hard to get a good picture of me and Titus lol . cuz he's always looking away hehehe

we should watch it together and bawl our eyes out together!!

Grant Aden said...

Marley movie was awesome. I think I teared in that too.

Anonymous said...

oooo just reading this and lookin at the pictures made me soo hungry =[
ahaha , but yeyyy <3 i have a manga addiction too , but i dont collect cause i don wanna spend money =[ i read online xD
wallflower i likeedd <3

aiwun said...

grant: are you gonna get a dog before you start a family?

icyangel: i have a LOT. did you want to borrow some??

Stalkers