Listen...

Monday, January 18, 2010

01.18.2010 - Perfect Long Weekend Pt. 1

Okay so not all of you got the long weekend that I did...I took Monday off to run several errands. But let's start with Saturday!

It was my Ice Princess' birthday! Good ol' 22 years old!! It was a very relaxed and fun filled night without alcohol and other intoxicants. I was super happy for that! I got to see some people that I haven't seen in ages and Titus had a lot of excitement going on that night! Me n D were in charge of making the deep fried breaded shrimp! Nom nom nom!!



One of the best parts was when a buddy of a few years brought over his PS3, brought along StreetFighter4, BluBlaze, and (*insert crazy happy screech*) Final Fantasy XIII!! The battle system is still very awesome! Closely relates to XII but still reminiscent of X-2... I only played for a few minutes so I can't really elaborate on it, but dayum the graphics for that video game is HOT!!!

Ice Princess had the best idea of the night - instead of getting a gigantic cake, everyone got one
baked on the spot (mini of course) and you got to decorate it yourself!! Just the number of decorated cakes made me laugh! I .. kinda copied a friend's.. Sorry Song!



Mine's the HUGE cat face one! The Ice Princess made the 3 tier layer one that's got cookie crumbs sprinkled EVERYWHERE!!
After cake, we lost two couples who had to leave early (though technically Vongsa and Song aren't a couple since they're both guys...) and we broke out Cranium to play! The charades, pictionary, data, word spelling .. all that stuff in one game!! There's weird twists to it like "Pictionary - draw a chandelier but do not use words or symbols. And close your eyes" I almost failed that one .. I got answers like cake or candles or candle holders!! Which is technically right .. but yeah ..


[EDIT:] They blew up a lot of balloons for her and her boyfriend static eletrified them and had them all over the walls...even me!! Titus has a lot of fun decorating me ^__^ And look~ WynterMynt was there too! She is so CUTE!!


That was my Saturday evening! And yes I enjoyed it very very much!

Sunday .. now this was a super long day .. I got home at 2 AM from the birthday party .. and woke up at 5 AM to drop my dogs off at the airport. I had to send two of them to my mom in Toronto because I just had no time whatsoever to take care of them. It's sad .. I love them but it's worse to not be able to help them.
Anyways, the flight was at 8.30 am and I was required to bring them there two hours prior .. all I had for an address was 6th Avenue and Service Road. Great .. what the heck does that mean? I drove there, put it in my phone GPS (which by the way sucks most of the time. IT SHOWED ME THE WRONG PLACE) and I spent 45 mins with a guy on the phone from the Live Animal Cargo call centre .. from TORONTO. His map had no arrow pointing north so he was guessing around for me .. I finally found the place though..
I'm not done .. I had the two dogs in one kennel. Now they're pekingese, they look like this:





These are not my dogs..just pictures I found on google because I can't find mine ..

They are relatively small dogs and the kennel is really more than enough room. But the lady (though firm, she was reasonable) told me the kennel was too small, that only one dog could fit in there. I had another kennel just in case and I brought it in, and immediately she said no, too small. My options were to send one first, or rebook and send two later. I didn't want to wait, so I said send the white one first, I'll figure out the second one later.. It was $170 for the one dog. =( Anyways .. I called my mom and she said she's try to book for the next flight and she did. I went to Walmart to buy a bigger kennel .. now the airport is about 15 mins out of the city (if you follow speed limit..) and there's a Walmart RIGHT at the edge! But Leduc was a little closer so I thought I'd try there .. This is me, 7.30am going to Walmart.

Leduc Walmart didn't open until 10.00 am....

So into the city I went!! And I got the kennel, a towel, and lots of dog treats!! We killed some time by going to Starbucks and got coffee and food ^__^ [EDIT:] Note to self: do not let little brother drink caffiene.. he gets this super buzz and he DOESN'T STOP TALKING. It was like "Did you know? What if I? Hey look!!" I was like "Dude let me drive!!!"
And then I drove back to the airport around 9.. the flight was at 12.25 pm but the lady said I could drop off the dog at 9 ish. Walked in with a new kennel that even said on the label that it fit Pekingese .. and immediately I got: "Oh no .. that's too small too .. They wouldn't let you put her on.." I wanted to throw something. Not at her by the way, she was kinda nice. Like she's just following regulations and safety rules. Then she kinda brightened my day by saying: "Your other dog is still here. The compartments for the cargo, two of them were broken so we couldn't put her on. If you go get a big kennel, we can stick both of them in there and it would save you lots of money." I was tired, but heck we did it!!

I went back to the Walmart in the city, because the Leduc one didn't open for another half hour... Got a BIG one. When I went in, the greeter said: "Oh youre back! Airport lady said kennel too small??" And customer service: "Oh! No! It didn't work? Bigger?" Sad thing .. that Walmart people recognize me .. only because they saw the kennel I had bought earlier and they were so damn curious to what dog I was buying haha

Anyways, got back to the airport for the .. third time .. Got the first dog back, put them together in the kennel .. and the lady said "YES! That kennel will work!" It was GIGANTIC! big enough to fit a medium sized retreiver. Anyways .. the water bottle that I bought to put outside the cage apparently dropped and broke .. she said we didn't need it and it wasn't supposed to go there. Well mommy dear had told me to get it. XP

But the extra cost was $6.50 ish and it made me so damn happy that we didn't need to pay another $170.

Then .. I had to go back into the city, drop my brother off at West Edmonton Mall for 11.00 am since he had to work .. Then I had to go back Central East to drop off the two kennels we ended up not using .. then north to D's house .. I chilled with him for maybe a couple hours, had lunch (Bun Bo Hue again!!) then dropped him off for work... and I went home at around 2.30 .. get this .. I left at 4.30 to pick up my brother and drive him home .. I napped for about an hour =( I was so damn tired.. then I chilled until 10.00 pm and got D from work.

I drove so much that day that I did not want to drive anymore!!

The best part of my night was when I asked D if he wanted to go with me in the morning to Titus' school. They were having this in school visit for parents to watch what the kids do during the days. I was so certain that he'd say no, so I prepared myself for it. But he said "Sure, why not." I wanted to leap across the seat and squeeze him til his poop came out! I was so happy!!



Love you~ I'll put up part two later today <(^_^)> /"

7 comments:

Unknown said...

<3<3<3 I had so much fun reading this!!! Although i feel really bad for you having to do all that driving! That would drive me stir crazy!!!!!!

aiwun said...

I forgot to add some parts so I'll re-edit, put it in bold and you can have more fun reading!! <3

aiwun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

HAHAHAHA my favourite picture has to be the one of you and the balloons. it always makes me smile when i click by it.

aiwun said...

oh yes the balloons XD Titus was angry when the balloons fell off me hahah but campbell and brock were helping as much as they could XD oooh i'm a christmas tree!

Lady Falcon said...

You're right, if I had to deal with what you did on Sunday...I'd blow a gasket...

aiwun said...

oooh i was close hahaha

Stalkers