
I was at Starbucks this morning (like usual) and above their baked goods was an ad for their perfect oatmeal and skinny latte!
I was ordering my usual Grande Vanilla Latte when I saw the ad and had a sudden hankering for oatmeal, fruits, and some sugar sprinkled on it! I ordered my latte and asked "Could I also get the oatmeal and fruit?"
He looked at me blankly, blinked a couple times then said, "Oh sorry, we don't have those here..."
WHY?!!!! Why must you advertise for items that you don't have at your location!? I was so fricken bummed out!! It's not the first time that I've encountered this either!
I'll understand if it's later in the day and they've run out of the item .. but nooooo they advertise it but not carry it!! GRRRR!!!
I went to Tim Horton's once and ordered French Onion soup .. they ran out. Okay, fine. Then I see this white tea yogurt, and I said oOoOo and ordered that. Filipino lady said "No we dunt hab dat heer."
... ... ... ...Yeah .. it makes me sad when that happens .. don't advertise it if you don't carry it!!
On another note, me and Lady Falcon (whom I work with, plus you should read her blog when you get the chance ^_^ it's Sean's sister) were massively craving munchies .. so on my lunch break I dropped by the 7 Eleven and bought a BIG BAG OF CHEETOS PUFFS!!
Boy did we munch out... I still have half the bag in the cupboards above my work desk haha ^__^ Shh .. boss doesn't have to know kekekeke!
Typical Priscilla Moment: First thing in the morning, I got to work, took off my boots and put on my little work shoes, it's got a small heel but it makes me a little taller. You know how sometimes, the back of your pants slip under your heel and gets stuck in the shoe? It did for me .. and I did this leg shaking/kicking motion to get the pant leg out .. I forgot my feet shrunk/the shoes stretched .. that shoe went flying from my desk and hit the opposite wall! And Karen (our .. "lovely" office manager is in the office on the other side. The shoe hit the wall with a loud dull thud. I started laughing to myself aloud, repeating, "Sorry, sorry! That wasn't supposed to happen!" But this is the best part:
No one noticed. And no one heard me talking to myself.
Yes I mucked up. Oh right, there was another muck up I did that I wanted to share!
Yesterday, my dear mother called me at 4.00 pm to tell me that the car insurance called and said that we had to give an answer within half an hour whether we wanted the car back or not. (It's my brother's car, and it was broken into, towed to a salvage place for storage, blah blah .. sold it to insurance for a chance to get it back.) Here's the problem: my brother was at Elk Island with a friend taking pictures. There's no strong signal out there, and to top it off I don't have his friend's number. So I called their work, asked if they could call the guy to tell him to pass on the message to my brother. I got nothing. I was freaking out because I knew how bummed he'd be if he didn't get it. So I searched up his friend on FB and tried to find people that knew him.
Including my brother, there were 2 others that were mutual friends.
At this point, I'm going CRAAAAP because I rarely spoke to the other two .. so I picked Kevin Wong. In my head, Kevin was D's little sister's boyfriend's cousin. I was like "Yeah it's him!!!" So I texted D's sister to help me get the number for her boyfriend's cousin Kevin, to which she briskly did. I called. I got an answering machine that said his name was Tan...? I was confused so I called again.
"Hello?"
Me: "Kevin!?"
K: "Yeah?"
Me: "It's me! Priscilla!!"
K: "Who?"
Me: "Priscilla! You know? At the Karaoke bar? Clubbing?"
K: "Uhm .. no I can't remember.."
Me: "Well you know your cousin Jon? I'm his girlfriend's brother's girlfriend .. you came by to pick him up once from their house?"
K: "Hm .. .. .. wow, no I can't remember... but anyways, what's up?"
Me: "I need help! You know Henry?"
K: "N..No..?"
Me: "... ... .. oh damn ... I think .. I have the wrong cousin .. I think .. I have the wrong person ..."
Turned out I did. The cousin that I DO know, is a Matthew .. not a Kevin .. HAHAHA. It was such an awkward conversation at the end! Because I was so insistent and so confident in the beginning, I was like "THIS IS IT! COME ON I NEED HELP!!" when it got to the point where realization kicked in, I was at a complete loss at what to do. But never the less, I thanked Kevin for his time and helping me in my confusion. He laughed it off, saying that it was all good.
And that, my friends, was my odd moment.
In the end my mom had decided to take the car back without notifying me .. like .. thanks for sending me in a panic. I was ready to drive out to Elk Island Park to hunt my brother down...
But this is the best part! THE BEST PART!
I got home and walked in .. there was my brother .. at his desk .....................
I kinda freaked out on him, asking why he didn't return my texts or calls n stuff. Turns out his phone signal got perma messed up .. haha .. ha ....
Good night!
Brother bought a polaroid camera!!
It's so darn neat to see how the old pictures were taken again...
Typical Priscilla Moment: First thing in the morning, I got to work, took off my boots and put on my little work shoes, it's got a small heel but it makes me a little taller. You know how sometimes, the back of your pants slip under your heel and gets stuck in the shoe? It did for me .. and I did this leg shaking/kicking motion to get the pant leg out .. I forgot my feet shrunk/the shoes stretched .. that shoe went flying from my desk and hit the opposite wall! And Karen (our .. "lovely" office manager is in the office on the other side. The shoe hit the wall with a loud dull thud. I started laughing to myself aloud, repeating, "Sorry, sorry! That wasn't supposed to happen!" But this is the best part:
No one noticed. And no one heard me talking to myself.
Yesterday, my dear mother called me at 4.00 pm to tell me that the car insurance called and said that we had to give an answer within half an hour whether we wanted the car back or not. (It's my brother's car, and it was broken into, towed to a salvage place for storage, blah blah .. sold it to insurance for a chance to get it back.) Here's the problem: my brother was at Elk Island with a friend taking pictures. There's no strong signal out there, and to top it off I don't have his friend's number. So I called their work, asked if they could call the guy to tell him to pass on the message to my brother. I got nothing. I was freaking out because I knew how bummed he'd be if he didn't get it. So I searched up his friend on FB and tried to find people that knew him.
Including my brother, there were 2 others that were mutual friends.
At this point, I'm going CRAAAAP because I rarely spoke to the other two .. so I picked Kevin Wong. In my head, Kevin was D's little sister's boyfriend's cousin. I was like "Yeah it's him!!!" So I texted D's sister to help me get the number for her boyfriend's cousin Kevin, to which she briskly did. I called. I got an answering machine that said his name was Tan...? I was confused so I called again.
"Hello?"
Me: "Kevin!?"
K: "Yeah?"
Me: "It's me! Priscilla!!"
K: "Who?"
Me: "Priscilla! You know? At the Karaoke bar? Clubbing?"
K: "Uhm .. no I can't remember.."
Me: "Well you know your cousin Jon? I'm his girlfriend's brother's girlfriend .. you came by to pick him up once from their house?"
K: "Hm .. .. .. wow, no I can't remember... but anyways, what's up?"
Me: "I need help! You know Henry?"
K: "N..No..?"
Me: "... ... .. oh damn ... I think .. I have the wrong cousin .. I think .. I have the wrong person ..."
Turned out I did. The cousin that I DO know, is a Matthew .. not a Kevin .. HAHAHA. It was such an awkward conversation at the end! Because I was so insistent and so confident in the beginning, I was like "THIS IS IT! COME ON I NEED HELP!!" when it got to the point where realization kicked in, I was at a complete loss at what to do. But never the less, I thanked Kevin for his time and helping me in my confusion. He laughed it off, saying that it was all good.
And that, my friends, was my odd moment.
In the end my mom had decided to take the car back without notifying me .. like .. thanks for sending me in a panic. I was ready to drive out to Elk Island Park to hunt my brother down...
But this is the best part! THE BEST PART!
I got home and walked in .. there was my brother .. at his desk .....................
I kinda freaked out on him, asking why he didn't return my texts or calls n stuff. Turns out his phone signal got perma messed up .. haha .. ha ....
Brother bought a polaroid camera!!
It's so darn neat to see how the old pictures were taken again...

7 comments:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Damn I really love your posts. I read them every morning before studies or work and they always brighten up my day. I laughed out loudly to myself when you posted about the shoe flying across the room!!!
I can relate!! HAHAHAHA!!!
might i add, that second photo you have up there of yourself is a beautiful photo.
Lol thanks ^_^ glad to hear that you enjoy my life stories HAHAHA
oh that one? I took it with my iphone and photoshopped the bg so you couldnt see my bed, yoshi, or titus sleeping lol but send me a couple pics of you and let me fool around with them ^____^ i have my drawing tablet too so it's so much easier to do with a pen instead of a mouse lol
Damn this is awesome!!! You are my noontime read.
You should consider writing a column in the paper or something. Very good material.
That Polaroid pic is sooo cute!!!
grant: really? hahah I jsut talk about my life .. which .. in turn has lots of odd things that happen ^_^ kyaaah~ maybe if I can perfect it and if i have more time, i'll submit entries to the paper? hahaha but help promote promote ^_^
kristy: the film is expensive!! $20 for 10!! but my brother gets it for half off .. still! SO EXPENSIVE! we should have a polaroid day tho ahhahahaha
my breakfast used to include cheetoh puffs and redbull on ice.
cheetoh puffs and redbull on ice? sounds yummy XD
Post a Comment