Listen...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

01.19.2010 - A Perfect Long Weekend Pt. 2



Monday morning began with an early start at 8.00 am.. I was almost amazed that D was able to wake up so early and not be overly exhausted .. ^^b good job!! Got Titus dressed and ready and off to his elementary school we went!

At this point in time .. I do wish that I had whipped out my camera and took pictures of the day.. maybe next time!
So Titus goes to an elementary school that has a special program called "Early Intervention" for children who have slow learning developments such as fine motor skills, attention, etc (http://www.capitalhealth.ca/EspeciallyFor/EIP/default.htm for more informatiom ^__^). For my little guy, it's speech. He's turning 4 in a little over a month but his speech is still very delayed. He's talking a lot of garble mixed with English and Vietnamese and Chinese, but nothing solid yet. I'm not worried as much as some other people who think my child has some form of disease or something, but I admit it's slow. So this program is slowly helping him learn and catch up to several other children his age. On Monday, they had an in school visit for parents and guardians to just have a look-see at what a normal day would be like (just shortened from 3 hours to a mere 1.5 hrs). We began by sitting around in a semi circle, the parents behind the kids (who were in these super cute square chairs) and they did role call! The teacher help up pictures of each kid and the others would shout out the name! When Titus was called, he had to go up to her and say "Good morning, Tanna" take his picture, and place it on the side of a filing cabinet (magnet!) under the picture that Tanna states (Where's the tree?) Titus found the tree, smacked his picture to the side of the cabinet, knocking down Misty's picture .. it was so cute ^__^

Then it was craft time! We made PLAYDOH! It was so simple! 2 small packets of colored koolaid, 1 cup of flour, 1/2 cup of salt, 2 tablespoons of oil, and a cup of boiling water. Mix it all together and what do you got?! Really nice scented playdoh! D was curious if it was edible .. I told him yes but it most likely wouldn't taste good .. D grabbed a piece .. opened his mouth .. stuck out his tongue .. and ... couldn't do it. But it gave me a good laugh ^_^ We made butterfly cookie shapes out of it, and bears, and cut it with a mini pizza cutter, bashed it with wooden stick, and picked and poked at it! I really loved that moment ^_^ It did however leave an odd floury film on my hands .. anyways, I still had the playdoh so I took a picture of it with my iPhone. Looks weird I know .. but it still smells like grape koolaid! Smells so good~!

They had snack time then~ The kids all got wash cloths and wiped their hands clean and there was this super cute song with it as they moved their hands to the rhythm! "Wishy washy wishy washy!" Something like that .. and Titus did it again today but a much faster version haha.
There were cheese, pickles, crackers, and cranberries! And starfruit/dragonfruit juice boxes! But their challenge was to eat it with tongs!! Most of the kids did it.. but Titus is super picky with his food so he only nibbled on the cheese and had a bunch of crackers. =\ Don't know why but he is.

And then it was activity time! There were four stations set up with 5 mins play time for each. We first came to a station that had a bunch of different colored bingo chips and four little rubber piggy banks that had a slit in the top that would only open when you pinched the sides of the lid. Turns out that this activity will fine tune the muscles between the thumb and index finger, so that when they begin to write, the muscles there will be strong. Titus was on a ROLL. He organized colors to colored piggy banks and tried to get his classmate to play too ^_^
Second station had the AQUADOODLE! http://www.aquadoodle.com/ The trick was to draw while laying on your belly. It would make the kid use his elbows to sit kinda up and it worked the muscles in the shoulders and back so that they could sit properly ^__^ And Titus sits weird, the physical therapist pointed out. It apparently strains his knees and she told me to not let him sit like that often.. so note to you too! Don't sit like this!
The third activity had a bunch of plastic straws and little cross shaped plastic pieces that fit into the end of each straw. It worked on accuracy and building skills. It was super neat! Titus built a funny stick and started waving it around .. the fourth one had a bunch of colored shapes with matchign colored shoe strings and there were holes on the edges of the shapes. The kids were supposed to string it through, working on their up and down motions. Titus didn't enjoy this one very much .. he wanted to go back to the straws and crosses .. lol

The day ended sadly for school, and we had to drop Titus off.. he was upset that we were leavign him behind at the sitter's but heck, at least it was still good ^_^

We caught a quick steak sandwich lunch at Boston Pizza's and for some odd reason, I couldn't eat more than half ... D finished it for me but it was just so weird! I felt like something was wrong but .. I guess I was technically okay?
As you should know, I fell on my back a week ago and needed dire massage .. so we got a 45 minute massage!! It was well worth it .. I'm kinda sore from the knots being kneaded out but heck I feel so much better ^____^ When D came out he looked so relaxed! And sexy ..
We were able to catch a movie afterwards .. Sherlock Holmes!! I have to admit I was very VERY impressed by that movie. The fight scenes were quick and dirty, but I could see every move that was being thrown and it was so well done ^_^ I usually need to look away because I get motion sick from the random camera angles, but this time I didn't. ^^b thumbs up to director of photography! The movie I give 9/10 popcorn kernels! It lacks the 1 because there really wasn't a super fantastic WOW sequence .. but the ending was VERY satisfying, leaving a huge opportunity for a sequel (which begins filming in March 2010). Robert Downey Jr. sure makes his acting job look easy! It was a great movie, fun filled, action filled, and mystery filled of course. Go, Guy Ritchie and crew, go!

One of the saddest moments was when I began to lose my voice on Sunday .. it started to get airy and whispery like Tara Reid's. D thinks its sexy and mysterious .. I find it tiring and troublesome. No one can hear me properly and I need to repeat myself 3 times .. but still, he told me to repeat after him, which I did: I wanna ride your pony.
He bit into his knuckle to keep from .. doing what it is that guys do .. I thought it was hilarious ^_^ everytime I talked and he needed to look away ahaha. I still have it, by the way, that raspy voice. I think I sound like a heavy drinker and smoker .. a pirate's wench, if you will ..

Another little highlight just to close this blog, while we were driving and at a red light, I called to him: "Hey boo?" He turned to me, stared me in the eyes, and as I tried to say I love you! His right eye moved.. just a visible movement that turned inwards .. while the other eye was still fixed on me .. but that single right eye moved alone and my words trailed off in disgust, confusion, and bafflement. I was lost for a bit until I cracked and laughed until I thought I had to pee! D does that when he zones out.. but it was just hilarious to see him do it right when I called to him.

But though he's the definition of spontaneous and weird .. I still love every little bit of it.
Until the next time I post, tah~

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i love reading your posts in the morning. =) it always makes me smile. and curious what wierd thing does he do with his eye?

OMG To think play-doh was so easy to make......of course your man would wanna eat it. HAHA

It sounds like so much fun to be able to go to school again with titus. =3 and it's so great to hear he's doing well. remember, slow and steady wins the race.

Unknown said...

by the way, are you saying do or do not sit like he is in the picture? . . . . . cause that's how i sit on the computer chair...

aiwun said...

AW ^_^ thank you! I'm glad you find me entertaining hahaha
Dat can move one eye at will while the other looks ahead. it's .. really creepy .. i'll take a picture of it tonight hahahah

we should have a playdoh night and then we can sculpt things!!!

the turtle won the race! haha next tiem there's a school function i'll be sure to let you know!!

don't sit like britney spears: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:BritneySpearsBOMTCD.jpg
it apparently over strains the ligaments in your knees and can cause back problems ..?

Unknown said...

omigosh is that ever creepy.....i'd like to see how he does that. XD yes video please.

really sitting like that causes back problems? maybe that's why i'm slouching a lot more then i usually do.....no the slouching is probably from sitting in front of the computer and studying.

aiwun said...

i think its cuz he thinks he's crossing his eyes hahaha but yeah i'm gonna take a vid tonigt XD

if you sit seiza, like your heels under your butt and not next to them, it forces you to have proper posture but it takes years to master .. lol ^_^ just becareful ..?

Grant Aden said...

Crazy how big Titus is!!!! Wow

aiwun said...

yeeeah that happens to be my little weed hahahaha

Stalkers