^ see? My day has been weird but awesome haha
If 13 is unlucky, then I guess 14 is my safety net. Everyone has bad habits. Some have it bad and for some, it’s more of an addiction than a habit. For my boyfriend (now known as D), he’s had this habit for years. I’ve been with him for a few months now, not very long, but it sure has felt like we’ve gone through a lot. His bad habits were always there, and I had made it known early on that I didn’t mind it as long as it got out of hand, and he had promised to quit in the New Year. Now I don’t ever expect anyone to quit anything cold turkey. There are things that take a process, one step at a time, and it must be done slowly and carefully. For him, I always thought it was going to be this way. But the only thing that ever bothered me is that he never made an obvious effort to stop. It’s the same as my second post regarding thinking it hard enough and assuming that it would work out. I didn’t constantly bug him about it as much as I wanted to; I wasn’t his mother and didn’t have the same expectations as she did.
So once in a while, I let him know how I felt, but never did he want to actually sit and talk to me about it. It made me sad, but heck I was happy enough that he was telling me and he was willing to tell me. I knew there was that effort to try, but I didn’t know where it was.
I also had a friend who is a close friend of his (now known as J), who called me every so often, just to talk about my boyfriend. “D needs to get his life back together, he needs to stop, etc, etc” and it always bothered me: if you’re so damn worried about him, why are you telling me and not him? He answered me once “I don’t have any influence on him and he won’t listen to me.” Well, excuse me, but if you have some concern, should you let it be known? Then you can let him decide if he would do something about it. It drove me nuts!! Not because I was listening to him rant about my boyfriend, but the fact that he kept telling me “go talk to D, go talk to him, blah blah blah” I was sick of being the messenger and looking like I’m drilling my boyfriend every time he goes out with the guys.
So yesterday when my friend called to rant again, I had it. I kinda zoned out and said “Uh-huh, okay” throughout the conversation. Then when he hung up, I just snapped and told my boyfriend what was said. I was sick of it. I wasn’t angry, mind you, but I gets to a point where I can’t handle too much of the same thing. D understood our concerns, but truth be told, I didn’t know how much of it he took seriously. I ranted, and I was done. I talked about food after ..
Then this morning I decided to check my facebook. I had a message waiting for me from my boo. He said he had a lot going on lately and realized he needed to get things back together.
It’s not going to be easy but with you by my side it helps me a lot.
He was going to stop completely, say no to it from now on.
There’s a little more but this morning, I kinda bawled my eyes out, just from knowing that he decided that all at once. I never expected him to just stop like that, but its like he’s reached an epiphany or something. Just the biggest thank you to him and whatever else that helped him find his resolve. ^_______^
So thanks to that happy message (that I’ve read over and over again) I’ve been acting like a 15 year old girl in love. I went to Safeway and tried to go in through the OUT door. I went to Starbucks and after I paid, I turned around and heard a plunk behind me. I had knocked over one of their syrup bottles onto the floor. As I went to put it back, I did this awkward hyena like laugh “ah ha ha ha ha~!!” and the girl behind me laughed aloud when she heard it. Then I wandered around the fruit and vegetable section for like 10 minutes because I couldn’t find the raspberries but eventually I did! And when I went to pay, I had the hardest time getting my debit out and I laughed as I had to put EVERYTHING that I was holding down onto the conveyor belt. And … not surprisingly, when I tried to leave, I tried to exit through the IN door. I did that awkward laugh because an older lady saw me stand in front of the IN door, waiting for it to open. “Today is tooootally not my day!” and giggled and went to the right door. But I’ve noticed that the doors are opposite of what most other malls, grocery stores, etc place their doors. So maybe it’s not totally my fault ..?
Also I was on the phone today and a lady called asking for a “Health and Safety Awareness” binder, incase someone stabbed themselves with one of their machines (exact words of hers btw) and as I tried to tell her to call another place, I bashed my head against the edge of my desk. “Call the College, they might – 3$^@#$%@ OW .. ow ow!” And she started laughing and said that maybe I should get the book for myself haha. I was trying to put on my shoe ..
And I got a filet o fish burger again .. for the .. 4th day in a row? But I got my parfait this time!!! So its like TOTALLY AWESOME!!
This day has just been so hilarious and cute for me that I can’t help but laugh at every mistake I’ve been doing. Like “Oopsies! AHAHAHHAAH oh stupid ME!!” kind of deal. Just that one little message from him made my day so much brighter and it makes me feel invincible! No matter how immobile my left arm is becoming!! And Titus (my son) started to talk more, putting the sprinkle of sugar on top of my day.
Titus: “Where mummy car?! I don no mommy car! Where?!”
Me: “Where? Where’s mommy’s car?”
Titus: “DERE EET EES!!” and he bolted to my car to show me.
Aah .. the sweet simple things in life .. how much I so very enjoy it. <3
I know you probably won't read this, but I love you, boo~ You and only you ^_^
And to Titus, you definitely won't read this, but I super love you!!

6 comments:
Crap I wrote too much again .. sorry =(
haha how cute =] titus i mean .
it was just me and my sister julia babysitting him today , my mom was tired so she took a nap , and so i was munching and then titus rushed to the washroom and my sister followed him . then i hear , "THAO OMG HE PEED WHAT DO I DO ???"
yeah my sister's first time helping someone go to the washroom ahaha it was so funny and cute =]
Dat's a good guy , i dont know him directly or personally , but i've heard about him from my friends , and they speak highly of him lol .
habits are hard to break sighsigh , my boyfriend has certain habits also , and hes trying to break them =] im glad . haha <3
i found ur blog <3 ;]
Aahahaha julia is the youngest one right? or the middle ..? o__O i don't know the other sister's name i just realized!!
Did he pee in the toilet or in his pull ups?
^__^ Dat's changed a lot compared to what people usually know him for and probably for the better but so far so good haha
yes you did find me XD
this post is gonna make me cry. I know it wasn't meant to be. but it made me so happy to hear that things are working out for you that i have to choke back that lump you get before you cry.
it always makes me happy to hear that things for people are working, and it makes me even more happy when i hear them talk about it. i'm so happy you started a blog.
AAAW DON'T CRY!! DON'T CRY!! if you gotta tear up do it cuz its cute and happy!!!!
i had a blog before but i never kept up with it cuz no one read it and i thought it'd be weird to ask friends to read it but now i do so WOOOOT!!
You used your powers to change a person, and hence your day was clumsy as you drained a lot of power. That is the logical explanation.
Post a Comment