There's this joke I heard recently from a coworker, and though I
admit, I find it amusing, I also find the moral behind it very strong.
There was an old man sitting on his porch watching the rain fall. Pretty soon the water was coming over the porch and into the house. The old man was still sitting there when a rescue boat came and the people on board said, "You can't stay here you have to come with us."The old man replied, "No, God will save me." So the boat left.
A little while later the water was up to the second floor, and another rescue boat came, and again told the old man he had to come with them.The old man again replied, "God will save me." So the boat left him again.
An hour later the water was up to the roof and a third rescue boat approached the old man, and tried to get him to come with them. Again the old man refused to leave stating that, "God will grant a miracle & save me." So the boat left him again.
Soon after, the man drowns and goes to heaven, and when he sees God he asks him, "Why didn't you save me? I thought you would grant me a miracle and you have let me down."
God replied, "You idiot, I don't know what you're complaining about. I sent three boats after you!!"
Funny, yes, but also when you think about it, it has it's message.
People can't keep praying and praying, hoping for a miracle, trusting that something will happen if they won't do anything about it. Another similar joke:
John, who was in financial difficulty, walked into a church and started to pray. "Listen God," John said. "I know I haven't been perfect but I really need to win the lottery. I don't have a lot of money. Please help me out."
He left the church, a week went by, and he hadn't won the lottery, so he walked into a synagogue. "Come on, God," he said. "I really need this money. My mom needs surgery and I have bills to pay. Please let me win the lottery." He left the synagogue, a week went by, and he didn't win the lottery.
So, he went to a mosque and started to pray again. "You're starting to disappoint me, God," he said. "I've prayed and prayed. If you just let me win the lottery, I'll be a better person. I don't have to win the jackpot, just enough to get me out of debt. I'll give some to charity, even. Just let me win the lottery."John thought this did it, so he got up and walked outside.
The clouds opened up and a booming voice said, "John, buy a fucking lottery ticket."
Again, you can't pray and hope if you don't do jack shit and expect everything to fall at your feet in an orderly fashion at your convenience. Do something! This doesn't have to be just about what you want in life, it relates to the people around you too! Your girlfriend, boyfriend, relative, they're doing something and you keep praying for them but if you don't speak up and let them hear your concern, they're not going to know and it's not going to give them that option to change or help themselves. If you mean good for someone or something, why not do something about it?My uncle once asked my mother why didn't she save up money for something she wanted, and she answered, "If I pray and think hard enough, it'll come to me."
Yeah, no.
But to change the topic and end my rant of the week, I got THE PERFECT Filet o' Fish the other night so-melt-in-your-mouth-goodness~ I'm eating another one as I'm typing this but it's nothing comparable to the one I had before..If you're wondering why I'm raving about it and thinking "It's just a burger.." Consider the fact that its MCDONALD'S!! I've had unedible burgers before .. the bun was stale ..the patty was dried like a mummy and the cheese was more like old glue. Ooooh you can only imagine the look on my face when I bit into that piece of deformed mass .. bleeeeegh!!
I had a job interview yesterday morning at a law firm downtown. A friend told me to have confidence, and I'll do fine! I tried, but it's hard when the office is full of lawyers .. and the HR lady interviewing me had lopsided eyes .. I'M SORRY!! But it was so gosh darn hard to concentrate when she NEVER BLINKED and I was never always sure if she was looking at me .. All in all, the interview went well ^_^ and I find out next week if I make their first cuts but .. I'm doubing it a little because she said they'd consider people who could start immediately first, than those who'd have to give notice to work.. I'll be crossing my fingers and toes until I get that phone call.. Here's to knew things in the new year!!
<(^_^)>

8 comments:
I absolutely love this post. I am big when it comes to "If you believe the universe is on your side and will help you out, then you will get it if you reach for it" It states that I'm buddhist cause I lean more towards their teachings....but the reality is I believe in whatever makes this world go round. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. But those jokes you told were hilarious. =D I loved them.
I heard about your interview and I wish you good luck! (^_^) It sounds like a good position!! I really hope they pick you for the job.
Thank you ^_^ It just bothers me when people strive for so much but don't do anything .. there's exceptions where a person CAN'T do anything due to unforeseen circumstances but when you have crap all to do and you keep complaining and complaining .. just wanna go and kick them in the teeth!!
I hope so too!! But so far .. its 1 day down .. until next week hahah
I will be waiting with you. let me know if you hear anything!!
by the way, I LOVE OUR FISH TANK! i was sitting here playing with it for a good 5 minutes...i think i over fed them.
by the way, how did you move your profile above everything else? my page won't let me do it ..... and my brain is throbbing from trying to tweak the html. LOL
Yup!! You'll be one of the first to know!
it's in the gadgets option ^_^ like .. "layouts" or something. There I moved my profile above everything too .. try that??
Oh the first one has another version, about a man who falls from a cruise. Three ships come by to rescue him but he doesn't accept. God then says, "I sent you three rescue ships."
oh WTH!! It didn't move for me before when I did that! and it moved now. i think it's my computer...cause sometimes facebook doens't even come up on my comp....which is wierdness. XD
thank you for helping!!! <3<3
minh: ahahaha oh god ..
THERES A VIRUS!! haha
Post a Comment