I was to go there at 8.00 am .. well .. I didn’t make it. One because the movers never confirmed, and two, I slept in. I got there at 9.00 am. Sat around .. sat around .. sat around .. The tow truck showed up to tow the BMW to the new location. Well .. the movers never showed up so POO ON THEM!
Anyways, the tow truck followed me to the new place and parked it. I met the owners of the place and me and Titus go to feed their horses! He was a bit apprehensive at first but he liked them much after! Even fed one! I was so scared the horse would accidentally chew off his tiny hand .. but it worked out. ^_^
D actually came with me too but .. he slept the whole entire time .. almost all of it hahahaha oh love~
Since the movers didn’t show up ..I had to back at night .. but anyways, I had lunch with D at Trang Tien .. again. I love their food!! It’s .. really a guilty pleasure , all that savory Vietnamese food. But only if its cooked right. Some days I go in and its not so great because they didn’t get the change to prep or something. Oh well!
But .. I had to go back that night at 10.00 pm. And I did. The new movers didn't show up til almost 11.30. They moved stuff into the truck .. then drove 20 mins to the new place and dropped the stuff off. This was all over at 3.00 am. The saddest part is, they didn't even finish half the job. So the absolute most horrific part .. is that I have to go back tomorrow probably alone (with Titus) and watch new people do this gruesome process all over again.
The thing that sickens me is that even though I have to drive around so much for my mother, she'll say thanks sure whatever, but request of me all these tedious little favors. And she'll guilt trip me each time I refuse to do it. "I'm just asking you to help me, why won't you help me?" Have you not noticed what I've been doing all week!? I could freak and kill something thanks to how angry she can get me, at how she can manipulate me as she does now. Sure .. a family should help each other. But a line must be drawn when someone starts to take advantage of everything.
As an example, if my little brother was to live under my roof, eat my food, and not pay a single cent, okay fine. It's only because I'm helping him since he's recently graduated high school. But if it gets to a point where he doesn't even try to get a job or go to school and just thinks "Oh, sister will take care of this and that" I'm very sure that something must be done. Either I kick him out or he gets a job. Sure it's harsh, but it'll be the push he needs to get his life on track. (This is all an example .. it's not for real ...)
With my mother .. she's been the little victim for .. about two years now? I think after this, I'm done. Cutting it off. I can't deal with it anymore. I constantly have to go out of my way to "help" her. I can't do it anymore, not because I'm lazy and what not, but because I have my own family and I have other priorities than her "stuff."
Sorry mom, but after this, I can't "help" you anymore.

4 comments:
I can see where you're getting with that and yes i can see how that can get really tiring. I do agree with the fact that even with family, there has got to be a line drawn. Your life is still your life. and their is theirs.
Just don't lose the love. =)
trying not to lose the love .. but heck whenever she calls its all about borrowing money or having us "help" her move things n stuff. its .. still not done ...
i can see how that can get frustrating after a while....=(
hvae you ever told her that?
oh yeah. and all she ever says is "family is supposed to help each other, no body wants to help me" and sends me super emo texts .. like what do i say to that? i tell her that if no one helps her she'd be on the street right now probably. if no one helped her, she wouldn't be living with her sister and we wouldn't have given her so much damn money
Post a Comment