Listen...

Sunday, March 7, 2010

03.12.2010 - Titus Turns Four!

So it's been forever and a day since I blogged and golly gee, I really am sorry ^^/" So I'm at work 15 minutes early and I thought, why the hell not. HERE GOES!
Two weeks ago, my little guy turned four and truthfully, as the fact is put on the table in front of me, life is just zipping past my eyes as much as I wish it would slow down. I had many friends join us and although no one has children or children his age (thankfully), I think the adults had as much fun as kids would. ^_^

I traditionally went for a Chinese dinner, usually consisting of Peking Duck and other assorted dishes, but for once, I changed it up. Mostly because Titus is so much older and is able to appreciate more things now. Prepping for the party was a little chaotic ... I kept planning and planning for a month but never actually put any action in until the last week. Yes .. I procrastinate .. but I assure you I work better under pressure (not by peers I mean) and deadlines. I spent $40 at Dollarama (not sure how) and my Ice Princess came by the night before to help me put party favors together! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

We ordered 9 pizzas from Papa Johns and my goodness, they were pretty much devoured!! And thank you to D for covering that part!!
A BIG THANKS to my Ice Princess for renting the room ^_^

The ice cream cake was wonderfully ordered by Justin and Irene ^_^ I thought the picture I got for them was very fitting! Look at this Luigi! Indulging on sweets and stuff as Mario uses him as a projectile to squish the evil little enemies!!

We went swimming at the Londonderry Rec Centre and HECK was that ever fun! TWO HOURS! Near the end I kept asking, "Titus, all done?" Titus: "Naooooo!" Me: "Titus, all done! let's go!!" Titus: "Naoo all dun!!!" I think his lips were beginning to turn blue ... But when he finally gave in, I thought it such a pity the little guy couldn't play a bit longer =\

Changing, D's little sister discovered that our shoes were stolen .. Titus' sneakers were still there but ours weren't .. gees ... why must people be so mean? At least I had 3 pairs of extra shoes in the car. Though two of them were like 3 inch pumps. I gave the flat flip flops D's mom gave me from Vietnam so she wouldn't have to prance around in heels ^_^

But a HUGE THANK YOU to everyone that came!! It was absolutely wonderful!!


One of the top reasons that my blogging has slowed is because of dance. I've agreed to help some wonderful girls from Ross Shep choreograph and teach them a Chinese Folk dance for a competition they wish to enter. I've been seeing them about twice a week and racking at my brains for this. It's wonderful, really, knowing your nation's traditional dance forms. ^__^

Also I picked up another project a while ago but since we were both so busy with work and other committments, we haven't started until recently. Back in October 2009, Yvonne had contacted me and asked me and a friend to audition for a burlesque dance troupe. I personally couldn't because I couldn't schedule the consistent time, but I agreed to help her choreograph an audition piece. I went to her place twice and pretty much choreographed the stuff on the spot. But guess what? SHE GOT IN! And apparently the judges were so impressed with the piece, that they asked her to contact me and whether or not I wanted to make up a dance for their Spring Gala that's coming up in May. I said SURE WHY NOT! And it's taken until the last week that I was able to start ..

At first I was given one song to choreograph to (Roads - Portishead) and had several sketchy ideas .. and when Yvonne and I collaborated and put our heads together, we suddenly had a vast array of costumes and colors and styles that my little brain couldn't keep up!

Because I've been blessed with such wonderful friends, I've had the privilege of some friends who are willing to help me watch Titus during certain days. I asked Yvonne if she decided to, I could perform with her, either in a duet or another solo. We came to the conclusion that we'd do both. She'd already choreographed a dance for herself, and then we added two more. So, ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to be packed with Titus, work, dance, Titus, work, dance, and repeat the afore mentioned as many times as you want!





I'm super excited because these dances are going to be more of a contemporary style which I haven't touched much in a very long time. Since we had taught dance for about 6 years, this was the first year that we hadn't at the schools, therefore I thought dance was going to slip away. But it's found me and I am so very thankful for it!


The Spring Gala is being held at Play Nightclub in downtown Edmonton and keep May 29, 2010 open because look out! It's going to be a BLAST!!


I'm also super looking forward to my special extra long weekend! I took the Monday off so I could go to Titus' school for their in class visit. Last time we made playdoh, I'm kind of excited to know what's happening next!

Then afterwards, we plan to eat lunch and me and D have a couple's massage! WHOOT! And then I want to spend a couple hours with Titus before dropping him off with Thao. I have a date with D and a couple IMAX Tickets to Alice in Wonderland!!!! KYAAAAH!!


And for the grand finale for the day .. I'm .. 90% sure of this .. I'm getting my tattoo outline. YEAH! Crazy isn't it? I've been working on an idea for like 4 years now .. and the concept is the same but the style is now much more asian. It's still an iffy iffy but I will let you know more and what it's about when I get to it ...


I just .. got to get back to work now .. my 15 mins turned into two hours .. but I worked and blogged and worked and worked. ^___^ Spank me, I've been naughty!!


Hope you all enjoy~ Everyone, BUBBLE FACE NOW!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wow...i sure wish i could blog at work. haha

aiwun said...

I sneak it when no one is looking hahaha shhh ..

Grant Aden said...

Where do you learn the traditional forms?

Stalkers