I had Vietnamese food again with D today .. and thought I didn't take any pictures, let me tell you about our parking spot hunt:
I guess there was some event going on at Mirama, some Chinese New Year thing that had A LOT OF PEOPLE. There was apparently Lion Dancing and everything!! But no, our destination was our usual place: Trang Tien!! The parking lots literally overflowed into the restaurants next door and it was almost impossible to find a spot.
Well, after having a couple spots stolen from me by some irritable old Asian people, we found one. It was to the side of the building, and technically a sidewalk I think .. but after years and years of erosion, the walk to the building slanted probably at a good 45 degree angle but with just enough flatness for me to park. There was that one car spot and .. a giant white SUV that parked a little behind. I had to parallel park it .. on a ramp that went sideways .. and well,, needless to say I was scared.
I started part of it but could not tell how much room I had. Usually I'm all "Oh yeah, I got this than down!!" but not today. D actually got out to guide me.
I finally had a grandparent moment. My grandpa always did that for my grandmother ... ALWAYS. And I actually will tell you about that in a moment.
D was saying "Back up, back up" and I had to get my car onto the sidewalk so I had to gas it a little more for the little Honda Accord that could! And just as my car got up onto the walk ... I hear D "STOP!" Yeah I didn't stop in time. I hit the SUV.
I didn't know D could have such big eyes ... "Move up!!" A little panicky, I looked down, put my car into first, and moved up a little. But out of the corner of my eye, D disappeared from my side mirrors. And in my rear view mirror, I saw his arm, kind of flailing and disappearing down behind my car. I stopped and whipped around to see where the hell he went. All I could hear was "OW MY ASS!!"
Turns out he slipped on the slope and down on his butt .. heheheheheheh~ It was pretty funny XD Oh D .. I absolutely love every aspect of you~
Okay!! About my grandparents!! My grandma always drove vans .. not sure why .. but I've only ever seen her drive two: one blue 1980 something caravan, and a white 1990 something Ford Windstar. And whenever grandma drove, grandpa was always the pushy passenger driver, saying "you're going too fast! Turn left! Go here! STOP!!!" And when grandma had to park, grandpa would get out of the van to guide her. He'd knock on the vehicle real good to tell her that she could stop.
Now .. grandpa NEVER drove and for years I never really wondered why until I asked. The family was gathered for something when I inquired and my mom explained to me that several several years ago, grandpa was driving to some concert with his friends and got into an accident, caused by the negligence of some other people. From my understanding, the accident was very minor. Heck, I believe everyone walked away from it. But when my grandma heard about it, she forbade grandpa from driving ever again. And oddly enough .. he obeyed.
Here's the best part: grandpa wasn't even the driver of that accident.
^_____^ Yeah, me and my brother had a really good laugh from that!!
Anyways, the rest of my day was spent at Ikea!! I'm trying to look for the following: a dresser, a bookcase, and a desk!! And I saw some .. but .. didn't get it .. I also looked for maybe a mini couch for kids!! And couldn't find one .. However, I did have a fun filled 3 hrs!!
I had lots of fun getting inspired and stuff ^__^ Found a lot of interesting stuff and I am now motivated to get more things done at home so I can have a cool looking room!! BWAHAHAHAH!!
Yeah .. that was pretty much my day .. save for Titus throwing up his stomach contents and jumping on my bed as I changed the mattress cover .. yeehaw!

2 comments:
how is the lil man doing anyway?? i love that picture of him overlooking that desk by the way he's getting to that age and height where all you want to do is stare and see what he does next. =D
your story about your grandpa and grandma...is there a love stiry behind them too? if so....can i request a blog on it?
lil man is doing much better ^_^ not too sickly now hahaha
oh that story .. it's nothing special but you'd be all "AWW" hahaha kk blog it is!!
Post a Comment