Listen...

Sunday, February 7, 2010

02.07.2010 - Busy busy busy~

Ooooh~ I changed the layout and theme of my blog! I like it! But not sure for how long .. still kind of test running it ..

First off, sorry about my slow blogging .. I just have been swamped with stuff lately..
Last week a former dance student of mine texted me and asked if I could help choreograph a quick dance for her school for two girls. I said sure. And quite a while back an old dance friend asked if I could help choreograph a burlesque style routine for an audition and I did. Which led the group to ask if I could make up a dance for them .. I said okay. Now I've procrastinated long enough and I really need to start!! So that's what's also been taking up a large portion of my time..


Yay for dance ^_^ I missed this! But yes, what have I been up to the past few days?

D finally got a hair cut! It was growing so long and because of the light color and texture, whenever it got a little greasy, it looked really greasy!! But he's all clean cut and sexy again ^_^ And Titus enjoyed playing his games while we waited as usual~ Him and his DS ...



Chinese New Year is officially on February 14. But I guess because of the clash of dates and booking issues, the festival was held a week early. Oddly enough, it was at West Edmonton Mall for the second year in a row and though not as extravagant as it used to be, I still thoroughly enjoyed it. There was WuShu and man, some of those kids are amazing! Dances were average .. ours were much better! If things work out in the future, maybe we'll do it again ..



I didn't snapshot this but I came across a Jack Skelington cell phone bell and I couldn't help it but think of WynterMynt immediately! We just couldn't help it!! And Titus got a mini Lion Dance puppet! And a goomba doll that wore a Mario hat! (I just realized that I left it at D's, otherwise I would take a picture of that for you..Next time!!) Usually Titus loves the Lion Dance, but this year he seemed very wary of it and wouldn't go near the stage. A few times, some people stepped in front of him and blocked his view. He would cautiously creep around them to have a little peek and when he realized that he went too far, he'd come running straight back to the booth where I was standing. Too cute (^0^)



Saturday evening was the banquet for my godsister's daughter, Kaedence!! In Chinese tradition, it's like a lunar birthday when the baby is 1 month. (See link for tradition explanation: http://chineseculture.about.com/library/weekly/aa021901a.htm) Kaedence is a little fighter! She was born September 24, three months premature. She spent 84 days in the hospital before she went home for the first time. When I held her, she was so little and warm that I just wanted to smother her in kisses! But due to her delicate nature .. I couldn't .. =^_^= But it was a wonderful dinner and it was full of games, activities, and tons and tons of laughter!




D also found the helium balloons ..



It was such a warm and loving night! I saw a lot of people that I hadn't seen in years! All of them of course, my seniors and people who remember me from my childhood. Ah .. I miss those innocent days where I didn't have to worry about anything .. reminiscing moment ..


That pretty much sums up my weekend! Sunday was laaaaazy~ Woke up at 9, played games until 11.30 .. had McDonalds again .. dropped D off at work and went home and choreographed a little more dance and cleaned up doggie poo and baby puke .. multiple times .. YAAAAY!!

Good night everyone~

6 comments:

D said...

i cant sleep boo _^

really awesome blog i love it
i'm likin the new theme too its
pretty cool :P

the pink song is called what?

aiwun said...

=( You were up so late?!

Aw thank you ^_^ I'm surprised you read this one haha

It's Glitter in the Air. It's from her newest album, Funhouse ^_^

Chowmut said...

nice layout on the blog :)

aiwun said...

Thank you Diana ^_^

Unknown said...

your blogs are getting warmer and warmer. it makes me feel fuzzy inside reading about it and your pictures are all beautiful. =) glad to have you back.

don't stress yourself out with too much choreography work.

aiwun said...

warm and fuzzy wo0t~ How so though? lol I don't get how .. but some of those pictures are Brandon's hahaha. You should look at his from the banquet XD

Oooo I'll do my best not to over choreograph hahahaha

Stalkers